The good news just keeps coming, guys. We have been so incredibly excited to share this news with you all… So without further ado, we want to announce that you have a chance to win a trip to Athens, GA for Funeral Stories Podcast Live! at the 40 Watt on September 27. Keep reading for more details on how to enter, what you’ll win, and about our amazing sponsors that have made this possible!
As you probably know, Funeral Stories Podcast will be hosting a live podcast event at the 40 Watt in Athens, GA to celebrate the launch of Season 3. We have so many incredible listeners that live all over the world, and as a way to say thank you for all of your support, we wanted to give you guys the chance to win a trip to the beautiful city of Athens, GA for a weekend of drinking, dancing, amazing food, and all around fun with us!
What You’ll Win
Two (2) lucky listeners are going to win the chance to see the best the Classic City has to offer including:
- Two (2) tickets to Funeral Stories Podcast Live! at the 40 Watt to hang out with Laura and Casey on the big night
- A 2-night stay at The Graduate Athens, a boutique hotel in the heart of Athens, GA
- Two (2) weekend passes to tasting hours at the best brewery in town, Southern Brewing Company (psst… Casey’s favorite beer to drink while recording is Hobnail IPA so you should definitely give it a try.)
- A delicious Southern dinner (or lunch or brunch) for two at the famous home.made restaurant
- Endless hangs with Casey and Laura and a gift basket full of goodies from some of the best businesses in Athens
How To Enter
To enter, head on over to our Instagram and give us a follow (if you don’t already follow us, of course), like the post that says “WIN A TRIP TO ATHENS”, comment and tag a friend that you want to bring with you, and then simply follow @sobrewco, @homemadeathens, and @graduateathens on Instagram and you’re all set! For a bonus entry, you can repost our image on your story or your feed and tag #funeralstoriesgiveaway.
This giveaway would not be possible if it weren’t for some amazing companies around town and we wanted to tell you a little more about them and what the winner will receive.
Southern Brewing Company
Athens is a town full of great breweries and you’re never too far from an inviting place to sit and enjoy one of the many great beers brewed right here in town. Without a doubt, Casey and Laura’s favorite brewery is Southern Brewing Company.
Not only is their beer perfectly crafted, but the environment during the brewery’s tasting hours is lively and welcoming. Whether it’s live music or the best food trucks around, there’s almost always something going on and you are guaranteed to have any amazing time while drinking some delightful beers that are distinctly “Athens”.
As they say on their website, “Hospitality is the cornerstone of the Southern Brewing Company. We are and always will be focused on relationships within the brewing industry and our community. Our door is open, the beer is cold, and you’re always welcome. Join us.”
Ahhh… where do we begin? Well, with the food, of course, but it’s impossible to explain just. how. delicious. the food at home.made is so we’ll just tell you a little about how home.made came to be one of the best restaurants not only in Athens, the state of Georgia, but in all of the United States.
Chef and owner, Mimi Maumus was born and raised in New Orleans, and grew up appreciating the local cuisine and making meals grown in her family’s vibrant garden. She spent much of her childhood by her grandmother, Jane LeGardeur’s (“Ma”) side, which initially ignited her passion for the culinary arts.
Mimi took her childhood recipes, combined it with a dream, and opened home.made as a personal chef & catering business in 2006. Since then, home.made has flourished and in 2011, the doors opened at their Baxter Street location and in our humble opinion, Mimi has grown into one of the best chefs in the world. And we’re lucky enough to have her right in our backyard.
Anyone that gets the chance to sit down and enjoy a meal at home.made is treated like family, and leaves with a belly full of delicious Southern-inspired dishes, already dreaming about their next visit.
The Graduate Athens
After the first live podcast event, Laura and Casey knew The Graduate was where they wanted to rest their heads and bask in the glory of a successful night. Easily one of their favorite places in town, when it came time to find a sponsor for their “All About Athens” giveaway, there was no doubt The Graduate was the perfect match.
Located right near downtown Athens, the hotel is a short walk from the beautiful University of Georgia campus, several bars and restaurants and all the shopping your heart could desire. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated with Athens, GA artwork and has a uniquely Athens boutique feel where you’ll feel right at home in the Classic City.
The Foundry, a popular music venue with a variety of local and touring acts, delicious drinks and Southern eats, is right on-site so there’s never a dull moment during your stay. The warm and welcoming staff is able to guide you around the finest of the city so you can experience your stay as a local would.
Good luck to all of our listeners that enter! We are so excited to meet some of you. And if you want to be safe, go ahead and get your tickets now!
Now for the boring, but very important stuff. Please read below for the giveaway rules.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and International residents, 21+ years of age: This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents over 21 years of age. By entering, you admit and acknowledge you are over 21 years of age and are responsible for your travel to and from Athens, Georgia, and release Funeral Stories Podcast, The Graduate Athens, Southern Brewing Company, and home.made from any responsibility regarding your trip to Athens, Georgia.
- FTC Guidelines on reposting content: For entrants reposting content for a bonus entry, you must include a disclosure stating you are doing so as part of this giveaway in conjunction with the Funeral Stories Podcast. You also must not inaccurately tag content.
- Deadline for entries: All entries must be received by August 20, 2019 by 3:00 PM EST. Winners will have 3 days to respond and claim their prize or prize shall be forfeited, and another winner will be chosen. Winner will be announced August 20, 2019 at 3:00 PM EST.